For outdoor hire, we only situate our castles on grass surfaces. This is so that we can anchor the castle to the ground. For indoor hire, we use sandbags to anchor our castles.
Any persons/organisation hiring our bouncy castles are responsible/liable for any damage or injuries occurring from or as a result of misuse or reckless use. Persons using the inflatable do so at their own risk. These guidelines are for the safety of all persons using the inflatable, and it is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure they are adhered to. Our company cannot accept responsibility for any damage or injury to anyone using the equipment however caused.
DIRT DEPOSIT: If there is a risk of the equipment becoming heavily soiled during hire, for example, building works evident, excessive dirt and grass mix instead of a lawn or simply just excessive persons at your event. The company reserves the right to charge a dirt deposit which will be fully refunded on collection provided the equipment is in the same condition as when it was delivered. (The dirt deposit is normally £50). Our recommended surface is a grass lawn.
The customer is responsible for taking reasonable steps to prevent injury or damage to the inflatable. The customer must follow these health & safety instructions:
- All of our units have an age limit of 14 years old unless it is stated otherwise.
- Food & drink cannot be consumed on the inflatable (to prevent mess & choking)
- All jewellery, shoes, earrings and spectacles MUST be removed.
- Face-paints, party-poppers or anything else that can stain the inflatable can not be used near the castle.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere near the inflatable.
- It is DANGEROUS to hang, climb or sit on the walls so this is not allowed.
- The inflatables must be supervised by a responsible adult whilst it is in use.
- The inflatable should never be allowed to get overcrowded, and the number of children using it at the same time should be limited by age and size. The castle is overcrowded if children collide into each other.
- You should prevent large children and small children using the inflatable at the same time. All children require strict supervision.
- If you are not using the bouncy castle please switch off the blower at the mains as it will save you money on your electricity bill!
- You should not allow anyone to bounce on the front steps of the castles – the steps are there to assist children on and off the castle.
- Anyone with neck or back problems are not allowed on the castles.
- Users should not be on the unit during inflation or deflation.
- If there is heavy rain, it is advised that the inflatable is switched off. Any moisture can be dried with a towel. A small table placed over the blower, will help prevent rain-water being sucked into the blower, and then into the inflatable.
- The hirer will be responsible for any cleaning bill.
- The blower at the back may have a safety reset button. In the event that it overheats, or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains, and then switch it back on again 1 or 2 minutes later, and it should restart. If it does not, or there is a power cut, inform us IMMEDIATELY.
- If the item does not fit the location, the customer is liable for the full fee.
- If the castle is soiled by the hirer, he/she must clean it or pay a cleaning fee.
- All hires include a £50 deposit.
- The vent on the side of the blower is to be kept clear at all times.
- If you are unsure about anything, please contact us.
By hiring our castles, you agree to have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions. Gorilla Inflatables cannot accept responsibility for any injuries arising from our equipment. You will be required to pay the full fee if the hired item does not fit the location. Additionally, you may be required to pay a cleaning fee if the castle is soiled.